I decided to make my sister a birthday cake. I was going to make a Lemon Drizzle Loaf but found this recipe and thought she would enjoy it more! This tasted like a jaffa cake! I got the recipe off BBCs Good Food website so thought i'd share it with you all.
140g Butter, softened
200g Caster sugar
3 Large eggs
6 tbsp Milk
200g Self-raising flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
Finely grated zest of 1 large orange
3 tbsp orange juice
50g caster sugar
50g dark chocolate
- Heat oven to 180/160 fan/gas 4. Butter and line a loaf tin. Mix together the all the cake ingredients and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Spoon mixture into tin and bake for 30-40 mins until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Meanwhile, heat the orange juice and melt the sugar together. Once cake is cooked, pierce top with skewer several times and pour orange mixture over the top.
- Leave in tin to cool then remove and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt chocolate in microwave and drizzle over top of cake. Leave to set.
- Cut and enjoy =)