Sunday 29 July 2012

Mum's Tiered Birthday Cake

I decided to try and do a tiered birthday cake for my Mum this year rather than a normal single layered. I thought a tiered would be best as my mum (apparently) was the only one who likes carrot cake so I did a 4 inch on for her, my sister and I are on a diet so I did a 6 inch low fat ginger cake for us and everyone else eats chocolate so I did an 8 inch chocolate cake. I have decided I need more than one day to do a tiered cake as I only finished the cake 10 minutes before my mum actually turned up. Nothing like cutting it close!!!
I used my new Square Cake Pan from Lakeland and I have to say I LOVE it sooooooo much. I was recommended this cake pan by @nixabix on her blog Nom! The Indulgent Baking Blog and I am so grateful to her for it. I am thinking of getting more dividers those.
There isn't really much more to say so here is the pictures.


Just a quick note. I did the Happy Birthday on the Cricut Cake =) I do love that machine. It is a lovely BEAUTIFUL machine!!! I'll get a picture and post it one day =)


No comments:

Post a Comment