Friday 13 January 2012

Dax bday cake

This post is a long time coming. It was my friends birthday in November so I decided to make her a cake as she does particularly enjoy them.
It was a simple Almond sponge cake as I was informed that she LOVES almond. All the decorations are made by me out of fondant icing.
She is a HUGE star trek fan so made a model of her in a star trek skant. She also love sewing (she made me and my friends uniforms) so I had her leaning against ribbon spools and sitting next to buttons.
I used Wilton 'Make any message' letterpress set to do the Happy Birthday then used a No. 2 Wilton writing nozzle to ice with royal icing.
She absolutely loved the cake so don't mind too much that I almost destroyed the decorations when they wouldn't stand up lolz

No comments:

Post a Comment